Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Recap

It was HOT this weekend and we were loving it!
By now, you must know that Tim and I are beach folks, we love the beach. We will go when it is cold, hot, foggy, clear, any time you can think of we love it. There are always treasures to find along the shore (I am a sea glass collector) and animals to see from birds to sea mammals.

Saturday we got up early to get on the road by 9:00 AM and beat the crowd to Stinson Beach. When we get there the fog was just starting to burn off, but it was HOT anyway, which is dangerous because you can burn through the fog. We set up our umbrella, chairs and blanket and got ready for a day of reading and relaxing the the sun. The fog burned off about 30 minutes after we arrived at the beach. Our timing was perfect, because the lot was almost full when we arrived as well. I packed 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, bag of chips, apricots and bottled water and we were set for the day until my phone was my boss, he needed me to change some travel for him and needed some info in order to check in for his flight on Sunday. There was a moment of what I called buzz kill on the beach, but I am resourceful and figured it out that I would stop on my way home at the Mill Valley store, sign in to my email there and do what he needed, phew! We stayed at the beach until about 3:30 PM, it was so HOT by then, and super crowded too. On our way home we made a stop so I could work for a bit and then headed back to the city, took showers, made dinner and watched TV until bed time. It was a great day!

Sunday was more industrious. We talked about going to the beach again south this time, but nixed it since we wanted to get things done around the house, well I did at least. I did some laundry, which is a task - I have a hand crank eco friendly washer that only does about 4 pounds at a time and I have to fill it and drain it for washing and rinsing. It is cool and all, but I had to wash bath towels and can only do 2 regular size and 2 hand towels in one load. Then I put them in my spinner to get all the extra water out and hung them on my clothes line outside. I was so excited to have them out there drying in the slice of sun that hits our walkway during noontime. I did a couple other loads of clothing and put those outside as well and what wouldn't fit went on the drying rack that I dragged into the hallway too! Between cranking, rinsing and hanging my wash I went through the boxes of stuff I had of Aunt Mary's that I had not put out or in storage yet. We also transferred her (I have some of her ashes) into a glass jar from her home that is shaped like a mussel and lays on its side. I reminds me of the East Coast and the house she lived in in Connecticut before moving back to Michigan. I then decided I wanted to get all of my embroidery floss more organized (it was in a box) and put all of the thread on plastic or cardboard bobbins and then line them up in a sectioned plastic container with a lid so they don't get dusty or damaged. It took a lot longer than I thought it would and I had to break to run to the store to get more cardboard bobbins (a score at .99 a pack!). Tim came with me and on the way home we picked up some gyros pitas, we had a buy one get one free coupon (another score) so we got dinner for next to nothing. So much for the pasta I was going to make, I will have to save that for tonight or tomorrow night. Anyway, I finished all of my bobbin winding and got all of my thread sorted in the order of the rainbow and was very happy with my work. By the time I got done, it was time for bed. Another weekend over, how sad.

Oh, forgot to mention a great show on PBS last night on Nature - Cloud: Wild Stallion of the Rockies, this episode originally aired last year and is the first part of three episodes on the life of Cloud. It is very touching and has inspired me to put my "save the wild horses" badge back on my blog, I don't know why I even took it off in the first place. If you are a horse lover like myself you will find this endearing, inspiring and very startling all at the same time. I don't want to give too much away, but check out the site when you can, you can watch the episode there.

Oh, and I can't pass up a chance to add a photo of BayLee laying on the floor with his little legs crossed with his "ghost" friend (light circle on his belly has been appearing in other photos too!).

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...