Friday, October 26, 2007
Saturday, October 20, 2007
If anyone has any leads on a great place for Pad Thai in the Bay Area, let me know.
So far, I have tried:
~ Dusit Thai (too sweet and orange)
~ Pad Thai (you would think it would be the best, right? WRONG!) UPDATE - Went there for dinner tonight (11/4) and the Pad Thai was pretty good. Maybe I had it delivered before which damaged the taste, tonight it was very good though. Yummm.
~ Berkeley Thai Palace (WAY too much shrimp paste or something fishy)
~ Boran Thai Restaurant (nothing to write home about, lots of sauce)
~ Thai Stick 2000 (pretty good, we are getting close)
~ Herbivore (vegan and very good, it has a peanut sauce which I like, but it isn't the traditional Pad Thai so I feel like I cant officially enter it into the contest)
I know, I am not being very specific about what was so great about the best Pad Thai ever, so when we go up there to see if it is still the best and what it was about it, that made it the best. I remember it had broccoli and big pieces of carrot in it. I used to have lunch there every Friday with my old co-worker Greg. Maybe I need to look him up and find out what place it is - it has been years!
Friday, October 19, 2007
Do you need soul food?
Do you have to have soul food?
Do you want to go to the best soul food restaurant run by a Vietnamese family this side of the Mississippi?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you MUST go to Hard Knox Cafe in Potrero Hill (San Francisco).
HUGE portions, CHEAP prices and the food is KILLER...
Check out the menu: http://www.hardknoxcafe.com/
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Be kind to yourself and the earth and try Mrs. Meyer's products.
PS - There is a new holiday Gingerbread scent in some products available online.
Cloudy and cold, but still a wonderful time.
Chicken Pumpkin Sausage!
We went home with this killer broom! Handmade and solid, here is the link to the site that sells them www.broommagic.com however, we got a deal buying it at the festival, they are more on the website. I have always loved my mothers Amish broom and now I have one close to it, the corn is from the Amish in IL, everything else is from Oregon.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Sunday, October 07, 2007
After returning home, I had a craving for pizza, not just the delivery kind that is just warm when you get it and the box is soggy with steam. I wanted to go out for pizza, checkered tablecloths, coke by the pitcher and hot pizza right off of the pan it was cooked on. Tim and I decided to go over the Goat Hill Pizza and it was incredible.
Saturday, October 06, 2007
Monday, October 01, 2007
- Love that I have a bike now, thanks Brian!
- Hate that I have to get used to a new boss soon
- Love "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace", it got me through the last week of craziness
- Love the BayLee didn't freak out when he met Frankie
- Love seeing people after 4 years that look totally different but just pick up where you left off.
- Love that Jihan is trying out for next Food Network Star, she is SO going to win
- Love my new sacred heart necklace
- Hate that my stomach hurts a lot lately and I am nauseous most of the time (no, I am not pregnant)
- Love that I am going to the Alameda Flea Market this weekend with a gang of gals
- Hate that I don't have time to clean my house
- Love that I don't have time to clean my house!
- Love that Angela is going to come over and help me purge in November
- Love that our adoption paperwork is going to Vietnam this week and we won't have to wait too much longer for our baby!
- Love that it is Sara's Birthday and she is spending it with her love in New Zealand
- Hate that I have not had a vacation since October 11-24, 2006
- Love that I am getting my hair cut tomorrow
- Love that I start my second job in a couple weeks and already feel like a part of the team
- Love that I am going to get a new tattoo soon
- Hate waiting for the consultation and drawing appointment for the new tattoo
- Hate when people are sneaky and competitive
- Love making this list!