Wednesday, September 19, 2007
My swap partner was Caroline who is an amazing woman. I honestly don't know how she does it, check out her blog. She is a new Mom and a jewelry designer and is always up to something super creative. Thanks Caroline, the gift was awesome. You inspire me to be SuperMom like you are.
Here is what I got:
* Super cute (and pink, I love PINK) Hello Kitty lunch box and thermos. I brought the lunch box to work today with my lunch in it!
* YanYan, which I learned about from Tim (his is Filipino and grew up with it), I call it yum yum!
* The cutest binder clips I have ever seen!
* Nice hemp twine that changes from dark gray to white
* A mini moon pie to snack on - love it and believe it or not, I have NEVER had one.
* 2 sweet little composition books - you cant have too many little pads around when you are always bubbling with ideas I like I am.
* A great pen, no one better steal this from my desk!
* To top it off, the sweetest earrings - I think they are garnet and I LOVE them! They are put together in such a way, they look like a little beaded lady.
Great swap! It is always nice to meet someone new as well. I have added Caroline's blog to my list of Blogs and Sites I Dig.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Saturday, Tim and I headed up to Sacramento to visit Angela, Brian and Frankie. We had a great time as always. We basically rode bikes, sat outside and ate all day. It was wonderful. I haven't been on a bike in so long, it was so much fun! I felt like a kid again. Angela and I ran errands on the bikes. Tim and I were laughing because we had never seen each other ride bikes before, it was really cute. I can't wait until I have a bike of my own so I can ride it all over the place. I hope to one day be able to ride to BART and then ride from BART to work, it would save me some dough for sure. I love suburbia - I was telling Angela, her neighborhood totally reminds me of my hometown in Michigan, trees everywhere, modest size houses and nice people. I love sitting in the backyard just chilling with friends and playing with the dogs. To me there is no better Saturday afternoon.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Let me right-off-the-bat apologize for being all over the place right now. I am upset and am writing at a sort of stream of consciousness pace.
I emailed Carol (my old riding instructor) and told her my schedule had mellowed and I wanted to come and groom Apache and turn him out if I might. She wrote me back and told me that I better hurry because if Judy can't sell him she is going to "get rid" of him. I don't know what all of that is about and have had a permanent lump in my throat ever since I got that email. I told Wendy about it and really tried not to get upset at work, but once I walked in my door at home I told Tim about it and have been crying ever since. I checked pet finder and craigslist and Wendy checked the ranch website and he is not listed on any of them. I am going to go over there tomorrow and see what is going on. Perhaps a sponsorship opportunity will present itself. I am so upset. I don't really know how to explain the bond that I have with this horse. I feel awful that I haven't seen him in a while and then today all the sudden I tried to schedule something and my entire world came crumbling down upon me. You may remember me a while back (Feb-April posts) mentioning Cane and how he was really old and had a bad leg, well on top of the Apache situation, they had to put Cane down in late July. I feel like I let him and Apache down. I know Cane was sick and it wasn't looking good, so I can sort of let that go a little, but Apache. My sweet teddy bear Apache? You know, I am the only person he didn't buck off while working with him? You know that we used to "talk" to each other. He was always looked at as maybe not as built and svelte as the other horses but he has HEART. I think what we have in common is we are both a little thick around the waist and could stand to loose a few and we may not be the fastest or best looking beings on the block but we have strength that could take down the masses. I got over my fear of horses with Apache (Snickers (the horse, not the candy) helped, but not as much as Apache). I became a horsewoman with Apache. I NEVER thought that this would happen. I mean, if that kid at the ranch wasn't jumping him when he wasn't supposed to be Apache never would have gotten hurt, I wouldn't have stopped riding him and maybe this would have never happened. Poor Apache. I don't know what I am going to do even knowing that he is somewhere else. Can they install low jack on a horse so I know where he is at all times and plant a secret camera so I know he is being cared for? What horse person wouldnt want a horse that is like a giant dog? He is not a money maker, I know, but would be a great cowboys companion (Jess?). I have tp stop know because I have teared all over my keyboard and am getting a little sleepy because I am sad. If anyone knows anyone that is intersted in a sweet male quarterhorse please leave a comment. Maybe someone wants to buy him for me and I will pay the stall fee and take care of him? Again, like always, a girl has GOT to have a dream. If I dont have my dreams life is just a mass of grey.
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
- Completely gutted my cabinet in my bathroom (which was insane) and got rid of anything I hadn't used in the last couple weeks or was expired. Not sure why I had 3 mud masks, but only have one now and that is all that matters. I also cleaned out the medicine cabinet so on my side there are only things I use on a daily basis (face wash, toner, moisturizer, etc).
- Let the plumber in on Saturday morning to fix our old pink toilet that just keeps spinning water around but won't suck it down. Problem is not us, it is the city line in the street, old pipe and needs to be replaced, ouch!
- Took the pack-n-play and stroller along with other things that are taking up room for now to my storage unit. It will be easier to set up for Olive without all that stuff in there.
- Completely cleaned off the kitchen table (phew!) put the leaf back in and swept the floor.
- Mastered (not quite) my sewing machine and made this apron:
- Went super budget grocery shopping, and saved $30 with coupons and in store discounts. I love to see that on the receipt!
- Worked on Olive's Lifebook with Tim Monday morning. We sat at the newly cleaned off larger sized table and made pages in the scrapbook for both of our parents.
- Finished some embroidery projects that I had started some time ago.
- Made up a recipe for some cookies that are currently rocking Tim's world, SCORE! To view the recipe, click on Magpie's Kitchen.
- Cleaned out TON's of magazines I "thought" I wanted to keep. I tore out what I wanted in the magazines and put them in their appropriate binder.
- Page protected and bound ALL of our adoption paperwork. Needless to say, I need a significantly bigger binder. The project is on hold until I can get to an office supply store.
- Hung the reminder of my pie tins on my wall. My Mom sent some with Emily when she came to visit and I LOVE all of them. Thanks Mom!
- Much much more, but these are the major things. I still have a lot to do around my place. I wanted to gut my closet, I am sure there is some money to be made on some of my clothes I no longer wear. I will work on that this week (God willing).