Wednesday, February 27, 2008
OK, so I was inspired by Karen Beth to join the 101 things in 1001 days project. It took me a while to get my list together but between my brain and looking at a couple other lists, I came up with mine. Although some things may seem a little lame, they mean something to me. They are all things that I have wanted to do for myself or with Tim and I am happy with the list. I'll cross things out as I get things done.
Here is some information on the project:
Taken from the Triplux: 101 Things in 1,001 Days — Guidelines for participation:
Creating your own 1001 Day Project
The Mission:Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria:Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
There is also a database of other bloggers who are doing this exercise. You can see the list that are registered there and perhaps meet some fun new blog friends!
101 Things in 1001 Days
Start Date: February 28, 2008
End Date: November 25, 2010
1. Meditate every day for 1 week
2. Make coconut cake for Tim
3. Eat all meals at the kitchen table for one week (4/10)
4. Start etsy.com shop
5. Soak in the tub every Sunday night for a month
6. Brown bag lunch every day for one month
7. Organize night stand (1/1/09)
8. Paint the kitchen
9. Have a garage sale (4/12/08 @ Angela's house)
10. Have a theme dinner party
11. Learn a new craft (3/11/08 Needle Felting)
12. Make Mom’s banana cake with cream cheese frosting for Tim
13. Do something fun on Leap Day! (2/29/08)
14. Donate all unused clothing - big start, but ongoing
15. Complete adoption and bring home Oliveia! - not going to happen due to closure of Vietnam adoptions
16. Read Margot Fonteyn: A Life
17. Stretch 10 minutes every day for one month
18. Make prototype mirrors for sale
19. Clean out magazines and mail (12/4/08)
20. Organize desk
21. Clean off kitchen table and leave clean for one month (1/09)
22. Redo filing system
23. Make a list of things we need for Oliveia (5/22/08)
24. Write a small business proposal
25. Read and complete Creating a Life Worth Living
26. Make a great artisan bread or baguette
27. Knit my own legwarmers
28. Create pies A-Z list with recipes
29. Learn to can jam like Mom used to (7/26/08)
30. Visit Grandparents grave sites
31. Run one Women’s Committee Meeting at the Maltese Club (4/10)
32. Take a road trip (5/1-5/4/08 and 6/25/10-7/1/10 with Mom)
33. Make Easter Cards
34. Paint the living room
35. Clean and reorganize closet (7/31/10)
36. Get rid of bookshelves in bedroom
37. Move dresser and armoire in bedroom to make room for Oliveia’s crib
38. Make Christmas gifts by November 1
39. Write in my journal each day for one month (1/09)
40. Get 4 massages (0/4)
41. Clean out and reorganize dresser
42. Start taking ballet 2-3 times a week
43. Make 12 new recipes (9/12) Lemon Pound Cake 4/11/08 , Red Velvet Cupcakes 4/11/08, Lemon Meringue Pie 4/13/08, English Toffee 4/19/08, Hazelnut Butter Crunch Squares 5/11/08, Peanut Butter Toffee 7/5/08, Kung Pao 8/25/08, Angela's Lentil Soup 12/8/08, Split Pea Soup 12/14/08,
44. Enter a recipe contest
45. Make homemade ice cream
46. Purchase new bath towels and mats
47. Go pick my own produce - picked at Debbie and Steve's on 7/23/08
48. No sugar for one week
49. Make a patchwork quilt
50. Make Christmas stockings
51. Organize photos from basement
52. Buy a card table with 4 chairs (new or used)
53. Take a drawing class
54. Read If You Lived Here by Dana Sachs
55. Get a real haircut (10/5/08)
56. Ditch my car and take public transportation for one week
57. One week just eat fruits and vegetables (first week of lent 2010)
58. Double amount in savings account (2010)
59. Pay off auto loan (7/09)
60. Ask for and get a raise at work (5/21/08)
61. Make a meal with only local ingredients from the Farmers Market (7/6/08)
62. Ride my bike in Golden Gate Park
63. Purchase a grill pan (Christmas 2009 from Mom and Dad)
64. Clean out storage space downstairs
65. Go fly a kite at Chrissy Field
66. Listen to 5 books on tape from the Library (0/5)
67. Bind my own journal or idea book (1/2/09)
68. Get a pedicure
69. Have a BBQ on 4th of July
70. Get my eyes checked (7/09)
71. Walk everywhere for one weekend
72. Finish started embroidery projects (12/1/08)
73. Finish started altered book projects
74. Sell all unwanted/already read books (8/16/08)
75. Stay silent for an entire day
76. Watch all 6 seasons of Sex and the City again (done by May 08)
77. Write to my family in Malta
78. Shoot hoops with Tim at the park
79. Make lemon meringue pie (4/13/08)
80. Hang a clothesline in the backyard (6/09 on side of house)
81. Purchase a new blender with more power! (7/08)
82. Make Christmas Cards
83. Get travel shots updated for Vietnam
84. Open additional savings account for Oliveia - not going to happen due to closure of Vietnam adoptions
85. Organize a swap of some kind
86. Write to my sponsored children once a month for a year (0/12)
87. Keep my fingernails polished for one month (document colors) - silver, blue, red, burgundy (March 09)
88. Make saltwater taffy with Tim
89. Teach Tim how to bake cookies
90. Go on a picnic
91. Throw a party
92. Make one piece of clothing with my sewing machine
93. Write a letter of length to a friend or relative once a month for a year (6/30/08, 7/11/08, 7/24/08, 8/7/08, 8/22/08)
94. No TV Sundays for one month (0/4)
95. Take a dance class with Tim
96. Wash the outside of the windows
97. Take Tim to Lake Michigan
98. Do something special for 10th Wedding Anniversary - HUGE MISS
99. Go to secret beach with Tim
100. Make a list of 25 things I like about myself
101. Create a positive mantra to chant each day (4/07/09 - thanks to Ali!)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" Erma Bombeck
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Anyway, the lemon tree at the Garrison house was abundant a couple weeks back and when this little guy was spotted, it had to be mine! I got to pick it with the long picking device with the basket at the end. Check him out!
I am a little apprehensive about cutting him up, but when I do, I will take photos of what he looks like on the inside.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
I didn't get the pink boots, I wanted them and they were my size, but I showed restraint with the help of Angela.
After Sheplers we went to Whole Foods Market for lunch.
Sunday evening we had dinner at a HUGE Italian Buffet, it was incredible. I thought everything was big in Texas, I may have been wrong, I think everything might be a little bit bigger in Colorado.
Following the tour, Brady came to meet up with us and we went out for Sushi and a walk about on Pearl Street in Boulder. It was so nice to see my old friend. We have been pals now for almost 7 years! Time flies for sure.
I was so happy to introduce Angela to Brady since her and Brian and Frankie are moving there in the spring. I can't wait to go back for a visit. More on my Sunday post...
I went to Colorado with Angela and Frankie this weekend. We had a great time!
I will break it all down when I have the photos. The day we went to food factories, etc. I didn't have my camera with me so all my photos are on Angela's camera.
When they uploaded onto my flickr, I will update my blog.
Thursday, February 07, 2008
This coming Saturday will be my first day off in 12 days. I am so happy though, keeping busy suits me and so does teaching at the Craft Gym. This past weekend I worked both days; Saturday I tought a class called I Heart February - basically a card making class. It was super fun. Sunday, I tought a private party how to make sugar scrub and bath salts.
So funny, I started writing this post a couple days back and have been so busy, I am just now finshing it.
Today is Friday and I am wiped out.